- Go outside: for a walk, hike, bike ride; sit on a bench & watch the birds; putter in the garden; say hey to the neighbors
- Change to energy-efficient light bulbs, change air filters, wash windows
- Revel in an episode of Planet Earth
- Get some perspective: make a date to visit an observatory
- Contemplate the macro and the micro with The Big Picture's fabulous array of nature photos, images of environmental abuse, and shots of innovative ways to use alternative energy.
- Expand your culinary horizons with Edible: An Illustrated Guide to the World's Food Plants
- Discover the thrills of avian sleuthing: 100 Birds to See Before You Die: The Ultimate Wish List for Birders Everywhere
- Join or create a community garden
- Look deeper into growing (or raising) your own food and hone other homesteading skills with the many books that have exploded on the market in these recessionary times. (Scroll down the page of the link to see what I mean!)
- Make or buy a rain barrel and a composter. Dig it!
Sunday, April 22, 2012
Earth Day 2012
10 ways to celebrate the 42nd Earth Day