- rock legends Creedence Clearwater Revival; Crosby, Stills & Nash; Buffalo Springfield; the Beach Boys; the Clash
- guitarists Julian Bream and Eric Clapton (unplugged!)
- the complete albums of Paul Simon
- the songs of the late, great folkies Dave van Ronk and Kate McGarrigle
- classic doo-wop (1956–1966)
- Sly and the Family Stone
- the ultimate Woodstock collection
- a Kennedy Center tribute to Woody Guthrie.
|"Come read about us!"|
|"Count me in!"|
Two classical CD collections I heartily recommend are the legendary Heifetz/Piatigorsky chamber music concerts of 1961 and the Hilary Hahn Encores (all newly commissioned).
Voices of Concord Jazz: Live at Montreux. Concord's flock of awesome jazz vocalists was flying high that night! I especially loved Patti Austin's tribute to Ella on "How High the Moon" (which she reprised spectacularly on a recent PBS retrospective of Great Performances). Speaking of Ella, a groovy stocking stuffer would be the newly discovered performances in Best of the BBC Vaults. She swings so hard she can touch the moon and the stars!